CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Tucson Bead Show 2008










I only spent one day in Tucson at the bead shows this year. My 12 year-old, Ryan, went with me for the day. I didn't spend as much money as I usually do, either! :) I really just look for things that really call out to me and that I can't find locally. Here is a picture of my stash.
I also picked up a Kumihimo(Japanese braiding) Disk and some random wire from the Parawire company. (BTW-Parawire offers square wire,in case you're looking for non-Sterling square wire!)
Ryan is chomping at the bit, wanting to learn how to make chainmaille. This isn't a skill that I have so I can't teach him. :) He met a very nice girl named Spider who gave him a lot of good advice and got him set up with a kit and DVD to start learning.
All-in-all, it was a lovely day, and I have many new goodies to put to use.
(And, when Ryan masters chainmaille, I may have a business partner!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day! I'd be interested in knowing how to get the chainmaille video!Do you have a web site, or...?

Elaine Ray said...

What great fun that would be to have a business partner with your son. Good luck to him!

Anonymous said...

to anonymous - you can contact Spider at www.spiderchain.com - her DVD's are the BEST for learning - she has great sterling rings; and another great source for rings and other info in ww.urbanmaille.com - Aislyn is the best, too

good luck